Tuesday 28 May 2019

Not just boats for boys

I’m starting to realise just how versatile the Sailing Home bundle is having made a few cards today, one of which is quite feminine.


The first card, with the lighthouse is in neutral tones, the image and sentiment are stamped using soft suede. I masked off one of the birds when stamping to the right of the lighthouse. I love the rope die, it isn’t quite long enough for the 6 inch square card but as it goes behind the white stitched layer I just cut it in half and left a gap in the middle.


The second card, the yacht, is stamped in night of navy. I’ve used the rope again, I needed to cut three pieces to have enough for the two sides. The joins are strategically placed behind the sentiment square and the die cut knot. I’ve added a square of cherry cobbler behind the sentiment to contrast against the blue tones.


I decided to keep these cards really simple with just single colour stamping on white and no colouring, the detail in the stamps themselves is stunning and that's what I wanted to stand out.

The last card is a bit different, no boats, birds or lighthouses, in fact no stamping except the sentiment. I used the black and grey patterned dsp and added die cut seaweed in two grey tones and flirty flamingo. I die cut the anchor in silver foil and then embossed it using the subtle embossing folder to add texture.


The Sailing Home bundle will be available to order from 4th June, details of this and other items used are shown in the product links below.

Thanks for looking,
Katie x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment