Tuesday 17 March 2020

Drop Anchor...


I hope everyone is keeping well in the uncertain times we find ourselves in. I have a feeling over the coming weeks we will all be spending more time in our homes and I am thankful for my love of crafting.


Todays card features Artisan Textures, Label Me Bold and the Smooth Sailing Dies. I have used mainly blues and browns but couldn't resist livening it up with a pop of red.
I die cut the seaweed and anchor, cutting two night of navy and one seaside spray, the anchor is crumb cake. One seaweed was left whole and the other two were trimmed a little along the bottom to give different heights.
Adding a 'weathered' effect to the anchor is achieved by using the pictured stamp from Label Me Bold inked with sahara sand and then a little cajun craze and granny apple green. The twine is then looped through the hole.

The background is stamped in sahara sand at the bottom using the same stamp as above to create the sea bed. Then a watery background is created with seaside spray using two stamps from Artisan Textures.

The sentiment has been stamped in cherry cobbler, cut by hand leaving a little white edge and mounted onto night of navy.





The stamped layer is mounted on seaside spray and added to a crumb cake card base. I stuck the seaweed just at the bottom allowing the anchor to be entwined in the seaweed. I used glue dots to secure the ends of the twine making sure they were positioned behind where the sentiment would be placed.

Below you will find a link to my shop for all the products that I have used, there are just a couple of weeks left of Sale-a-bration (Jan to end of March) during which you get to choose a free item for every £45 you spend.

Take care and enjoy your crafting x



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment