Saturday 21 March 2020

Fable Friends


Hi everyone, I’m not sure about you but I could do with some Spring cheer. We seem to have turned the corner with the weather and walked into the wall that is Covid-19.

I am seriously counting my blessings though, my family and friends are all well, I am very lucky not to be hugely impacted financially and I have everything I need to spend many hours crafting.



I dug out Fable Friends today to make some Easter/Spring cards, I really do have the colouring bug at the moment and this post has lots of pictures as I try and give you a step by step tutorial on using Stampin’ Blends.

Firstly I die cut the stitched ovals and using memento black stamped the rabbit and duck. Memento is perfect to use with alcohol markers as it doesn’t bleed.

The colouring needs to be done in stages, building up the colour as you go. You can always add more colour but not take it away. I like to keep some areas of my image white to blend into, I really think it gives the image texture, rather than looking a little flat.










 The colours used in the pictures are as follows.
 Pic 1 - Dark Crumb Cake
 Pic 2 - Light Crumb Cake
 Pic 3 - Ivory
 Pic 4 - Light Petal Pink (inner ears and nose)
 Pic 5 - Colour lifter used to blend
 Pic 6 - A little more Light Crumb Cake added
 Pic 7 - Dark Balmy Blue
 Pic 8 - Light Balmy Blue
 Pic 9 - Colour lifter used to blend

It is really important to apply very light pressure when colouring particularly when using the colour lifter to avoid pushing the colour outside of the lines.





The duck image was coloured using the same principle of dark then light then blend and add more light colour if needed.


My next step was to add some grass using Granny Apple Green and then soften the edge of the oval with Granny Apple Green and Balmy Blue using sponge daubers.






I stamped a couple of the sentiments in the set and cut them using a small stitched square. I have used some of the lovely Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper and everything has been layered onto Crumb Cake for the rabbit and Petal Pink for the duck.







From the Natures Twine selection I chose Crumb Cake and Grapefruit Grove, a good match to petal pink and adhered it to the back of the panel using double sided tape.

The cards were then assembled, everything being glued in place except the sentiment which was mounted over the twine using dimensionals.

I hope you like the cards and found the colouring tips useful.






Below you will find a link to my shop for all the products that I have used. Now is a great time for card making with many of us being largely confined to our homes. It is also a perfect time for sending cards to those who are feeling isolated and need cheering up.

Take care and enjoy your crafting x

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment