Tuesday 31 March 2020

Honey Bees


I got the gorgeous Honey Bee set out again today for a simple but colourful little card. I’ve also used Label Me Bold for the background and sentiment.



The card itself has a linen style texture which I love to use for background stamping, if you emboss whisper white using the Subtles embossing folder it would create a very similar effect.

So this card involves masking, I used a stitched rectangle die on a scrap piece of card to create the mask.

I held it in place by hand and stamped multiple times using the texture stamp shown to build up the colour.  crushed curry was the colour used here.

The pattern doesn’t stamp all the way to the edge but I think that adds to the effect.



Once I was happy with the coverage, I removed the mask, I’m really please with the way it turned out.

Next I stamped the bees and the sentiment, this time on whisper white, the detail in those bees amazes me every time I stamp them!

The bees were then die cut and the sentiment cut out by hand. I have used a light daffodil delight blend to colour the outlines where they will sit over the yellow on the card base. The bee’s stripes are coloured with a dark daffodil delight blend.

The bees have been fixed onto the card using dimensionals and the sentiment simply stuck with glue.


To complete the card I stamped the little trio of hearts in black a few times around the bees.

I will definitely use the texture stamp with a mask again. I can see it in so many different colours behind butterflies, flowers, the lovely yachts in Sailing Home.........

Below you will find a link to my shop for all the products used. 

Thanks for looking,
Katie x

Product List

8 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing the detail tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Saw the other samples on FB, they're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, once I got started I couldn't stop x

      Delete
  3. Love this tutorial thanks Katie. May I CASE this idea for my ladies please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lauren, and of course, please do x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! I'll be casing your idea. Thanks for Sharing! Linda

    ReplyDelete