Wednesday 25 March 2020

Morning Star #GDP233


Well this is a first for me, I decided to take part in a blog challenge.

The current global-design-project challenge features some colours I love, they make me think of ice cream.


I have used Morning Star from the Spring/Summer catalogue and even did a bit of fussy cutting. I haven't seen too many samples made using this set which is surprising as it really is beautiful. The sentiments are lovely too.


I started by stamping the solid star with the sentiment 'you're a star' in pool party and then over stamped it with the 'star' leaves, the pattern shows but is very subtle. This was then die cut using a stitched star.

I also stamped some of the morning glory flowers in both so saffron and petal pink and fussy cut them, it's not my favourite thing to do but they are fairly simple shapes to cut out.

I cut a slightly bigger stitched star from so saffron and a background panel for the stitched rectangle from petal pink.


The next step was to stamp the trailing leaves around the outside of the stitched rectangle leaving room for the star to be positioned. Once the so saffron star was stuck into place I stamped a few of the little stars around it again using pool party.

The card was then assembled with the star sentiment and some of the small flowers added using mini dimensionals. The flowers were trimmed a little to not overhang the edge of the stamped panel.

It's been fun to take part in a challenge, something I think I will try to do more often.
Below you will find a link to my shop for all the products that I have used. 

Thanks for looking,
Katie x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment