Sunday 26 August 2018

Winter Cheer


It’s a miserable wet day today, not what you hope for August Bank Holiday weekend but perfect for crafting winter themed cards. I did this one for a sketch challenge and I’m really happy with how it turned out.

I love the Spirited Snowmen from the Autumn/Winter Catalogue. Not long to wait now, you can order from 5th September.

For this card I went with a red, white and blue colour scheme. The layering squares are (from the back) pool party, whisper white and real red. The bottom two layers have been stamped around the edge using the snowflakes with balmy blue ink. The circles are pacific point and balmy blue and the strips across the middle are cut from the 'brights' 6x6 dsp using pacific point.

I coloured the snowmen with watercolour pencils and a blender pen, this is a fantastic way of colouring smaller areas as there is no colour bleed. To complete the design I tied a small bow with the lovely silver and pool party baker's twine.

I am currently putting together a series of video tutorials to coincide with the launch of the Autumn/Winter Catalogue. Look out for my ‘12 days of Christmas’ posts and details of how you could win the 12 cards featured. I will also be launching a ‘pick a colour’ order incentive. Fun times ahead!

Back soon x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment