Saturday 1 September 2018

Forget-me-knots?


I made this one for my mum’s birthday, which is today so, Happy Birthday Mum and now that she’s seen it I can post a picture.

Out came the Bokeh dots stamps again, this time I applied ink using daubers which puts just the right amount of ink on. I used Balmy Blue, Pool Party and a little Pacific Point. I love the way it looks a little bit like the sky on a summer’s day.

The flowers are from Touches of texture and have been coloured with watercolour pencils and a blender pen. Definitely my favourite method of colouring small detailed areas of a stamped image. The flower outline and the sentiment is stamped in Night of Navy. I added a dot of Frost White shimmer paint, using a small paintbrush, to the centre of the flowers. I let that dry and repeated for a brighter white, slightly raised dot which stands out nicely against the blue. The Happy Birthday is from Beautiful Bouquet.

The flowers are really pretty and make me think of forget-me-knots.

I hope you like it, my mum did.

Back soon,
Katie x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment