Saturday 30 March 2019

Today I stitched a heart...


I feel like I am constantly turning to my stitched dies lately, whether it be the new stitched rectangles and be mine stitched hearts as used here, or the stitched shapes and labels which are also never very far from my desk. Today I thought why not try actually adding thread, so out came my sewing needle and, using rose metallic thread, I stitched.

I love the effect it gave and it was pretty simple to do, I used manageable lengths and just stuck the end on the back each time I started and finished. It's probably pretty obvious from the picture but i used the centre left hole at the top and worked that half of the heart stitching into every hole until I came down to the centre left hole at the bottom, this was then repeated on the right hand side.



The background has been very lightly stamped in smoky slate using the texture stamps from Beauty Abounds and the sentiment is in berry burst from Well Said. The stitched white rectangle is layered onto berry burst and then added (using foam strips) to a smoky slate card base. Three little white sequins was all I felt it needed to finish off the design.

Back soon,
Katie x

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment