Wednesday 3 April 2019

#Simple stamping with soon to be retired colours


The 2017/19 in colours will soon be retiring. I will particularly miss lemon lime twist but I'm excited to see the new 2019/21 colours.

  

April's #Simple Stamping challenge is to use some/all of these colours. For this card I have chosen to use Berry Burst, Tranquil Tide and Lemon Lime Twist. I picked the Oh So Eclectic stamp set, I love the slightly abstract look of the images in this set and think the modern look works well with vibrant colours.

The card base is A6 size in Berry Burst with a slightly smaller rectangle of white for the front and inside of the card. On the front I first stamped the more solid leaf in lemon lime twist randomly around the outside edge, then the 'criss cross' leaf in tranquil tide, lastly the stemmed flower in berry burst. This needs to be stamped before adhering to the card base as you are stamping off the edge.

Next I stamped the 'crosses' texture stamp in the white space, I stamped off 2 or 3 times first as I only wanted a little colour behind the sentiment which is in berry burst.


I don't often stamp inside a card but I felt the white panel needed something to link it to the berry burst card base. I used the same stamps/colours as the card front but stamped off to give a much softer look. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Thanks for looking,
Katie x

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment