Saturday 13 April 2019

A lifetime of love & happiness....


Today is a special day in the Stampin' Up! calendar, lots of demonstrators are attending a conference known as On Stage where the new annual catalogue is revealed. I'm not there this year but maybe next year.....

Having seen a few little sneak peaks, I know we have some lovely new sets to look forward to. It is an exciting time but it goes without saying there will be sets that we have to say goodbye to, to make way for the new.

I have absolutely no idea what is retiring but I thought today I would have a play with a couple of favourites of mine - Dandelion Wishes, from the current annual catalogue, and First Frost, from the previous Autumn/Winter catalogue. Both sets are current and available at the moment but the big question is, will they carry over? 


The card I have created uses the sentiment 'Wishes for a lifetime of love & happiness' from Dandelion Wishes; I love the whimsical font and think it is perfect for an engagement or wedding card. The colours are highland heather and mint macaron, with the ribbon and gems in gorgeous grape. I cut a square of whisper white 140mm square and stamped the dandelions in the bottom left corner making sure the stamp was off the edge of the paper, I stamped again on the left hand side and the bottom, I then infilled with the delicate stem stamp from First Frost.

I wanted a reasonable amount of white space but felt a little colour was needed in the top right hand corner so repeated the stamping but this time much more 'off the paper'. This layer was mounted onto a mint macaron square cut a little bigger - approx 145mm square.

The sentiment was cut using a stitched oval with a mint macaron scalloped oval behind and I used ribbon to make a loop above and a small bow below.

I finished off the card by adding some glitter enamel dots to the centre of each of the dandelion heads.

I hope you like it, I will be back very soon with some more info about what is coming in June.

Katie x

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment