Sunday 7 July 2019

Very Versailles in monochrome

I love this stamp set, the trailing leaves and script background are beautiful. Today’s card is in muted colours so I’ve used the ‘always thinking of you’ sentiment with the ‘always’ masked off.


The card base is white, I have used basic grey beneath the image layer which is whisper white. I first stamped the sentiment in basic grey, then the script in smoky slate followed by the trailing leaves in basic grey. On a separate piece of whisper white I’ve stamped the butterfly in basic grey.

The edge of the main image layer and the butterfly have been softened with smoky slate applied with a sponge dauber, I've also used the 'splatter' patterned stamp from Beauty Abounds, I think it gives the card an aged look which I really like.

Lastly I punched out the butterfly, added 4 tiny clear gems to the body and stuck it to the card with the wings slightly raised up.

I think I will be recreating this card in neutral colours like crumb cake and sahara sand or subtle greens like mint macaron and soft sea foam.

Back soon,
Katie x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment