Saturday 15 February 2020

Sweet little honey bees



I couldn't resist the Honey Bee stamp set and matching dies, oh and the free co-ordinating dsp is gorgeous too!

I've made three cards using largely the same elements but by changing the colours and dsp the look of each card is quite different. I think my favourite is the 'vintage' style in browns and pink.



The first card is in black and gold and apart from the sentiment, is all dsp and die cuts. I used three different patterned papers, one for the background, one for the beehive and the bee was die cut from another.

I love the honeycomb cut in gold foil. A few of the hexagons were put back in, I still have the rest as they are too perfect to throw away!





The foiled gold border, dsp background and sentiment are all cut using the stitched rectangles. The sentiments for all three cards are 'custom' cut using the stitched rectangles by cutting the top and right edges first and then repositioning to cut the bottom and left edges.








The second card is made using soft suede, sahara sand, crumb cake and petal pink.

The base layer is soft suede, this colour has also been used to stamp the bee, the flower and the sentiment.

The beehive is stamped in sahara sand, the edges of the dsp have been soften with sahara sand applied with a dauber.

Light crumb cake has been used for the bee's stripes and the flowers coloured with dark petal pink.

I used linen thread behind the bee to add a little texture.



The last card is in pool party, so saffron and daffodil delight.

I picked the dsp with the smallest flowers and coloured each one with dark pool party to match the base layer and the stamped flowers.

The beehive has been stamped in so saffron and the bee stripes are coloured using dark daffodil delight.





I love these little honey bees, they stamp so well and the detail in the wings is amazing.

Below you will find a link to my shop for all the products that I have used, now is a great time to purchase Stamping' Up! products as during Sale-a-bration (Jan to end of March) you get to choose a free item for every £45 you spend.

Back soon x

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment