Thursday 6 February 2020

Wildly Happy for Mother's Day


I haven't used this set in a while but I really wanted to get my blends out and do some colouring. I love colouring these little animals, they are quite small and not too many colours are needed so perfect for practicing blending techniques.

I chose to make these as Mother's Day cards but they would also work really well for a new baby. I started with stamping and colouring the images and the card design itself came together from there. I'm not sure I intended to use quite so many different stamp sets!


Step 1.
Stamp image using memento black and cut using a stitched oval.

Step 2.
Colour with blends, I prefer to start with the dark colour and work to light, leave a little white space to blend into.
Step 3.
Use soft sea foam to stamp Very Versailles leaves around the edge of the oval and around the edge of the soft sea foam square, soften the edge of the square using one of the background stamps in Artisan Textures, stamp off if the ink pad is new to get a more subtle effect.





Step 4.
Die cut the flowers from Seasonal Layers, very vanilla for the bottom layer and whisper white for the top. Stamp the very vanilla layer with the corresponding stamp from Colorful Seasons but don't worry about lining it up perfectly. Stick the two flower layers together with a little multi purpose glue.



Step 5.
Using Versamark, stamp the greeting using Well Said onto black, heat emboss using white. Then punch out using the Classic Label Punch and snip off the ends.

Step 6.
Die cut the scalloped oval layer.

Step 7.
Assemble the card using multi purpose glue, adding mini dimensionals to a couple of the flowers. The card base is my favourite size 6 inch square.



Below you will find a link to my shop for all the products that I have used, now is a great time to purchase Stamping' Up! products as during Sale-a-bration (Jan to end of March) you get to choose a free item for every £45 you spend.

Thanks for looking x

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment