Friday 11 September 2020

Autumnal Forever Fern


 I think Autumn has arrived, there has been a definite chill in the air today. The leaves aren’t changing colour yet but it won’t be long and when they do, the colours in today’s cards will be what we can enjoy.

I have used the wonderful Forever Fern bundle and one of the Greenery embossing folders. The colours are very vanilla, sahara sand, cinnamon cider, bumblebee, granny apple green and cherry cobbler.

Cherry cobbler is my favourite red, it is so rich and warm, I love it as an accent colour with a blue palette or like here with other warm colours.

The first card I made was 6 inches square and has a very vanilla base, a cherry cobbler layer and an embossed sahara sand panel, I love the detail in this embossing folder.

Next I stamped a selection of leaves on very vanilla in bumblebee, cinnamon cider, granny apple green and cherry cobbler. The leaves were all die cut ready for adding to the card.

I stuck the leaves, overlapping slightly and covering the edge of the embossed layer, trimming the top and bottom leaves to fit.

The next step was to stamp the sentiment and die cut using a stitched square. I’ve also die cut a couple of the larger leaf sprays using granny apple green and bumblebee cardstock. These have been cut up and stuck to the reverse of the square along with a few little sprigs in cherry cobbler.


I’ve used dimensionals to stick it to the card which raises it up nicely.

The second card is a smaller 4 inches square size and a very simple design of a square of cinnamon cider with a stitched square of very vanilla which has the sentiment stamped in cherry cobbler and some dots stamped in bumblebee.

Three loops of linen thread are stuck to the very vanilla layer using glue dots and then three little sprigs and a linen thread bow have been added. I’ve also used a couple of bumblebee enamel dots.

It has been nice putting Christmas cards to one side and playing with these lovely autumn colours, I hope you like them.

As always here are the links to my shop if you wish to purchase any of the products used.

Thanks for looking,

Katie x

Product List 

Linen Thread
[104199]
£4.75
Paper Trimmer
[152392]
£23.00

No comments:

Post a Comment