Sunday 6 September 2020

Perfectly Plaid, Perfectly Pastel

I've come to the conclusion that I don't really do traditional Christmas colours. I tend to favour neutral shades, icy blues or as used, here pretty pastels.


Perfectly Plaid is a set that has carried over from last year, I have used it here with the Pine Tree Builder Punch and my go to Christmas sentiment set, Itty Bitty Christmas.

First I die cut the stitched rectangles, whisper white for the large rectangle and purple posy, pool party and petal pink for the smaller ones. The coloured ones are stuck together at the back with a little tape.


Next I made the trees. One has been stamped and embossed in silver on whisper white, one is cut from the gorgeous Plush Poinsettia Speciality paper and then stuck onto smoky slate, the last one is cut from silver foil which has been embossed using the beautifully detailed Dainty Diamonds 3D embossing folder.


Now it was time to start putting the elements together. The pastel layer was stuck to the white and the trees simply glued on the left and right hand side. The tree in the middle has been raised up slightly using mini dimensionals.


 The card base is whisper white but almost covering it entirely is a square of smoky slate dsp, I really like the polka dot design. The sentiment is stamped using basic grey and sits on a basic grey stitched rectangle. 


I love the way the three trees are quite different but all add texture to the design, the plush tree in the middle is very tactile.


Product links below, thanks for looking x

Product List 

No comments:

Post a Comment