Wednesday 23 September 2020

Snowflake Wishes

 The Snowflake Wishes bundle has such a good selection of snowflake stamps and the sentiments are pretty great too. I’ve made a trio of cards here in different colours including one in neutral shades which gives it a vintage look.


Here is how they came together, step by step.

The card bases are A6 (UK) size and have a whisper white layer which measures 14.5cm x 10cm. I’ve used Pacific Point, Magenta Madness and Soft Suede.

The first step was to stamp the sentiment in the same colour as the card base and then using a sponge dauber the lightest colour was added to soften the edge.


I then added snowflakes in three different colours, each time I stamped off first to give a softer look.





The next step was to stamp and die cut the large snowflake. I inked up the stamp with the lighter colour and added the darker colour to the tips and centre using a dauber. It gives a lovely two tone effect.



The snowflake looks symmetrical but there are very slight differences. To help cut it perfectly I have marked my die with a couple of permanent marker dots, these line up with the very, very slight difference in the space between the centre dots on the snowflake. Hopefully the picture shows it better than I can explain!


I stamped the sentiment over the snowflake as it is positioned over the sentiment on the card.


I’ve added a dimensional to the centre and carefully positioned it on the card.



As the card base is coloured I added an insert which has also been stamped in the corner to match the front.


Lastly I’ve added an in colour enamel dot to the centre of the snowflake.

The colours used are pacific point, pool party, bermuda bay; magenta madness, balmy blue, highland heather; soft suede, sahara sand, cinnamon cider.


I’ve only used one sentiment and four of the snowflake stamps on these cards, there are loads more to choose from, it’s a great set. 


Here are the product links for the items used, thanks for looking x

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment