Friday 5 March 2021

Butterfly Brilliance

I have been patiently waiting for this stamp set to arrive and today it did, it was so worth the wait!


The detail in all of these butterflies is quite stunning and they do stamp really well. There is a good variety of sizes and they can be cut out with the corresponding Brilliant Wings dies.


I've never done it before but decided to cut up the stamp to separate the butterflies! I figured I could put them back together if I wanted to stamp as a whole but thought I would be far more likely to use them individually.


The first card is 6 inches square and is very subtly coloured. I can't get enough of the blending brushes, the colours used here for the background are pear pizzazz, soft sea foam, pool party and balmy blue. The cardstock layer and the ribbon are both pool party. The sentiment and the splatter stamp are from Forever Fern.

I've heat embossed the butterflies and the sentiment in white. The butterfly wings have been lightly coloured using blend markers.


I was so pleased with how this card turned out I made another! This time 4 inches square and using bolder colours.


The background colours are gorgeous grape, pacific point and melon mambo, the cardstock layer is gorgeous grape. This time the wings have been coloured using a highland heather blend marker. I've finished the card with a little white bakers twine bow.


If you like butterflies, you will love this stamp set, I think it is really good value at £16, oh and don't be afraid to chop it up!

As always here are the items used with links to my shop.

Thanks for looking, I'll be back soon, probably with more butterflies x

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment