Wednesday 3 March 2021

Jar of Flowers

Today's card is all about stamping and colouring. I've tried to keep it quite simple but at the same time introducing a technique that I think looks really effective.


The card base is 6 inches square, my favourite size by far! I have used Jar of Flowers and stamped the jar and flower elements in basic gray. If you are new to stamping, photopolymer stamps are great as you can see where you are stamping and line things up much more easily.



I then created a mask by quite simply tearing a piece of scrap cardstock. I have stuck the mask down on either side of the card to help keep it in place.


The colour is applied using the wonderful new blending brushes. I used two here, one for the yellows and one for the pinks.

I started applying so saffron to the bottom left and gradually built up the colour and brought it across the card. Mango melody was added mostly in that bottom left corner. I then started adding petal pink to the bottom right.


Once I was happy with the level of colour added, I turned the card upside down and carried on with petal pink along the top. Lastly I added a little flirty flamingo in the top right corner (bottom left as you look at the picture).


I love the way these colours have blended together and the 'torn edge' mask has turned out just how I wanted it to.


I wanted to only colour the area of the stamped image that sat in the blended coloured area. Spotlight colouring is the name for the technique where colour is only applied to a certain area of the image.


As I was colouring directly onto the card base I used watercolour pencils and a blender pen. If I had used blend markers they would have bled through the single layer of cardstock. I love my blends but it was nice to use pencils for a change.


The sentiment is from Ornate Thanks and the little clear gems are Flowers for every season, a little dot of multi purpose glue was used to stick them on. I've really enjoyed making this one, I think it's fair to say you don't always need lots of layers and die cuts to make a pretty card.

If you fancy having a go at stamping and colouring then Jar of Flowers is a great starter set, there are four different flower arrangements that can be added so lots of different flowers to colour. I can't recommend the blending brushes highly enough, I find I'm using them all the time!

Below are all the products I have used with links to my shop, thanks for looking x

Product List

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing job you have done! I love the spotlighting technique and you have made it with the WOW factor. I hope you don't mind if I CASE your card please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much❤️, please do CASE, I’m flattered😊

    ReplyDelete