Thursday 25 February 2021

Have a beautiful day


I've combined some old and new here today, Very Versailles has been around for a couple of years and it is one of my all time favourites.

The Sand and Sea dsp is in the current Jan - June catalogue, it is really beautiful with gorgeous pastel colours and lots of texture that you can see rather than feel. The butterflies are die cut from some new dsp Butterfly Bijou coming out for a limited time on 2nd March, cut using Brilliant Wings dies, again out 2nd March.


I picked out a couple of sheets of dsp that closely matched the colours of the butterflies I wanted to use. For the blue card I stamped in seaside spray and misty moonlight and I used a seaside spray blend marker to go over the white outline of the butterfly, the little enamel dots are in 2020 - 2022 colours so misty moonlight used here.


The pink card has been stamped in blushing bride and melon mambo, a rococo rose blend was used to edge the butterflies with pink as unfortunately there is no blushing bride blend marker. The enamel dots are magenta madness.


The yellow card is stamped in so saffron and mango melody, I've used a daffodil delight blend marker to edge the butterfly as my so saffron hasn't arrived yet and the enamel dots are bumblebee.

I couldn't resist making a gift tag to match the blue card and used the scallop tag topper and a piece of misty moonlight ribbon. The butterflies on the tag are cut from white cardstock using the detailed dies from Brilliant Wings. Before I cut them I applied seaside spray and misty moonlight ink to the cardstock using the wonderful blending brushes and then once cut I added a little more colour using blend markers.


If you don't have Very Versailles I really would recommend ordering it, it's such a versatile set and works in so many colours. I do wonder whether it will carry over to the new annual catalogue, I hope so.

The new Butterfly Bouquet suite is just beautiful and I predict will be very popular when it is released. I will add product links when these items are available. Everything else used for the cards and tag is listed below, the links will take you to my online shop.

Thanks for looking x

**UPDATE New item product links added**

Product List 

7 comments: