Tuesday 16 February 2021

Dragonfly Garden Summer Meadow

As soon as I saw Dragonfly Garden I knew I wanted to create a meadow with the flower stems stamp.


I stamped the image using crumb cake, I've stamped several times changing the height and angle and allowing the stamped images to overlap. Once stamped I coloured the flowers and leaves using blends in daffodil delight, soft suede, old olive and soft sea foam. 

The next step was to use the wonderful (really WOW wonderful!) blending brushes. The top half is balmy blue with a little pacific point at the very top. The bottom half is pear pizzaz with granny apple green on the bottom edge. The middle has been left with very little colour which creates some depth.
 

Once coloured I stamped the dragonflies, some are stamped masked off so that there isn't an obvious repeat. They have been coloured a little using pool party blends.

My favourite element of the card is the little coloured dots across the middle to look like wildflowers in the distance, I'm really pleased with how this has turned out using the edge of the paint spray stamp from painted poppies. The colours are so saffron, petal pink, highland heather, real red and pacific point.


Finally I added some little green gems to a few of the dragonflies, stamped a sentiment and some more little dragonflies on a strip of vellum and mounted the image onto crumb cake cardstock before adding to a white card base.

If you like colour blending, perhaps you've used sponges, a brayer or sponge daubers, then I think you will love the blending brushes. I will have one for each colour family, there is no need for a brush for each individual colour (thank goodness!) as the colour doesn't transfer. 

Apologies, the product list is quite long as I've used so many different colours!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment