Monday 1 February 2021

Brushed Blooms in Yellow

I'm a bit fed up of dreary wet days and for my Stampin' Up! order to arrive (27 days and counting, thanks Brexit🙁) so today I've dug out some old and not so old sets and added a splash of sunny yellow.


Both cards are made using the same shades of yellow so I started by making several large and small roses. The lighter rose is very vanilla/so saffron/bumblebee, the darker rose is so saffron/bumblebee/mango melody.


The next step was to create a background using the paint splatter stamps from Painted Poppies.


The leaves have been die cut from soft sea foam and granny apple green and the jar punched out of gray granite.


A small strip of bumblebee cardstock and knotted gray granite ribbon across the middle of the jar add a little texture. The sentiment is simply stamped onto the card base.

The second card has die cut foliage from Forever Flourishing in the same colours as before.


The same splatter pattern was created, this time in the middle of the card.


The die cut foliage was added next, I didn't worry about the middle as knew this would be hidden by the roses.


A white baker's twine bow has been added and the sentiment has been fussy cut and placed onto die cut shapes from Tasteful Labels.


I don't very often use yellow when card making but I do love yellow roses.


Thanks for looking, I hope these cards have added a splash of colour to your day x

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment