Tuesday 6 April 2021

Beautiful blues

I’m so glad the In Good Taste dsp is carrying over to the new catalogue, it’s not very often that papers do and this is such a versatile collection. As well as the wood and brick textures there are some lovely pieces with blue tones which is what inspired me to make today’s card.


I've used two patterns, one looks like brushstrokes on canvas, the other looks like a ceramic tile. The smaller square has a misty moonlight layer behind, the larger one sits directly onto the white card base.


I've used two of the large foliage dies from Forever Flourishing and cut two of each in misty moonlight and balmy blue, I've cut them up to use behind the 'tile' layer.


In order to easily tuck the foliage pieces behind I've stuck the smaller square on using dimensionals.


The butterfly at the centre of the design is in three layers, the largest has been stamped in night of navy and coloured using both misty moonlight and balmy blue blends.


The smaller layers are die cut from misty moonlight and balmy blue cardstock. I've bent the wings up slightly as it's a shame to hide the detail of the bottom butterfly. The gems are clear ones from Elegant Faceted Gems, these are carrying over to the new catalogue😊. I've added a little colour to them using the dark misty moonlight blend.


The sentiment is from Dragonfly Garden and has been stamped on white and layered onto misty moonlight. 


I love these shades of blue, I nearly introduced a contrasting brighter colour but I'm glad I didn't.

Here are the products used with links to my shop, thanks for looking x

Product List 

No comments:

Post a Comment