Sunday 19 April 2020

Free as a bird

I think 'free as a bird' is the last thing we are all feeling right now but I am determined to stay positive and share a little joy. Todays card is all about colouring, and who doesn't need a bit of colour therapy right now.

To be fair this one took a little while to colour and I'm not 100% sure about the blue background but white was too stark. What do you think?




The first step was to stamp the bird in the centre and an assortment of flowers and leaves around the edge. I've used soft suede ink which has also been used for the sentiment.









I then coloured the bird using pool party, daffodil delight and soft suede. I coloured mostly with the light blends adding touches of dark for shading.
 The leaves were coloured with both light and dark old olive and the flowers with daffodil delight, petal pink and cherry cobbler.
Lastly I added the light balmy blue, I coloured it fairly quickly and it did look a bit streaky but I then went over it again and was able to get most of the streaks out. It's not perfect but I'm happy enough.









The finished panel has been mounted on cherry cobbler, daffodil delight and finally balmy blue to perfectly match the colours used. The sentiment has been cut using the classic label punch and then trimmed to give a straight edge on the right hand side. the cherry cobbler behind was trimmed by hand.

Below you will find a link to my shop for all the products that I have used. Now is a great time for card making with many of us being largely confined to our homes. It is also a perfect time for sending cards to those who are feeling isolated and need cheering up.

Take care and enjoy your crafting x

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment