Saturday 11 April 2020

Sailing home


Today has been a beautiful day and in different circumstances a trip to the beach might have been in order. However, unless you are lucky enough to live on the coast, the smell of the sea is something we can only dream about, for now.

Anyway, I felt like making a ‘seaside’ inspired card today and this one kind of evolved. It was really fun to make and used one of my favourite techniques, applying colour with sponge daubers. I’ve also heat embossed and dry embossed, so read on if you would like to see how it came together.



I started with a piece of whisper white and applied the colour using sponge daubers in the order of, Pretty Peacock, Pacific Point, Seaside Spray, Coastal Cabana and finally Highland Heather.






When I was happy with the coverage I die cut 3 rectangular panels using the stitched rectangle dies.


Next I used the little birds stamp from Sailing Home and stamped, using Versamark, several times across the three panels, heat embossing the birds in white. I used the same process to add ‘sea spray’ to the bottom of the panels using a stamp from Waterfront.



I mounted the panels onto whisper white using a ruler to ensure they were straight and then trimmed the white layer.

The next thing to do was to emboss a piece of sahara sand using the pinewood planks 3D embossing folder.


After I’d roughly cut it to size, I tore the edges and used a sponge dauber with sahara sand ink to give an aged look. The sentiment, from Well Said, was stamped onto vellum and torn along one edge. I used a small amount of adhesive from a tape runner to stick the vellum as glue will show through.


The last thing to do was to add an anchor trinket with some linen thread looped through using a couple of glue dots.


I love how this card turned out, I find the colours really calming. I wish I could be by the sea but this will do for now.

All the items used come from the current annual catalogue and will be available at least until the end of May but don’t forget not everything will carry over to the new catalogue coming out in June.

Here’s a list of the products used with links to my shop.

Thanks for looking,
Katie x

Product List
Linen Thread
[104199]
£4.75

No comments:

Post a Comment