Tuesday 21 April 2020

Colourful Seasons


It is that time of year when Stampin’ Up! demonstrators like myself are getting just a little bit excited about the new annual catalogue. The flip side of that is wondering what sets we might be saying goodbye to.

With that in mind, today I have used an absolute favourite of mine that has been around for a few years, Colorful Seasons with Seasonal Layers Dies.



I love this set as it really does cover all seasons with leaves, blossoms, deckchairs and snowflakes. Today I have only used the ‘Autumn’ leaves but by using different colours I think I’ve made a card for Spring, Summer & Autumn.

I have also used Very Versailles and Honey Bee for the sentiments and Label Me Bold for the little dots. The other dies used to add lines and crosses to the card strips come from Stitched Labels.

The first step was to add some colour to watercolour paper. I made the paper damp by spritzing it  with water and used an aqua painter to apply colour in a very abstract way.

For Spring I used Granny Apple Green, Balmy Blue and So Saffron.
For Summer I used Blushing Bride, Highland Heather and Melon Mambo.
For Autumn I used Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Cherry Cobbler.


The next step is to heat emboss the leaf veins so it was really important to let the paper completely dry and use an embossing buddy before stamping the leaves using versamark.

I embossed the leaves in white and did three on each sheet leaving room to die cut some of the smaller leaves too.


I die cut each of the embossed leaf shapes and three small leaves from each coloured sheet. I now had a pile of pretty leaves to make cards with.


I really wanted the leaves to be the focal point of the card. Each of the designs has a strip or two of cardstock die cut with a pattern, an embossed sentiment, a few stamped dots and a trio of clear gems. The leaves are added using either glue or dimensionals.




I think the pink/purple ‘Summer’ one is my favourite but I’m rally pleased with how they all turned out.

Colorful Seasons and the matching Seasonal Layers Dies may or may not be in the new catalogue so if you like it don’t wait too long.

Below you will find product links to the key items used.

Thanks for looking x

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment