Wednesday 6 May 2020

Beautiful You meet Painted Poppies


Today's card combines the old with the new, I will be sorry to see Beautiful You retire and I will REALLY miss Peaceful Poppies dsp. I am happy to see that Painted Poppies will carry over and there are some wonderful new products coming out in June that I can't wait to share with you.

Watch out for a link to the new annual catalogue which I will share from 3rd June. If you are in the UK and would like a paper copy please do let me know.



So back to today's card, I started with a wide piece of whisper white and stamped the field of poppies in black twice leaving a slight gap and then stamped the dancing girl in the middle, there is no need to mask. I then used a stitched rectangle to frame the image placing the girl slightly off centre.



The next step was to add a touch of colour to the landscape using daubers, balmy blue at the top, pear pizzazz at the bottom. I like it fairly pale but more colour can be added if that's what you prefer.


I used blends to colour the image, ivory makes a good skin tone, the poppies are coloured using both light and dark in real red and cherry cobbler. There was no need to colour the poppies overlapping the dress.


The dress and hat are created by stamping the girl (or the parts needed) onto real red cardstock for the hat and peaceful poppies dsp for the dress. Both items are quite straightforward to fussy cut.


The hat and dress were then stuck in place, adding this layer really makes the image come to life.

I decided to stamp the sentiment using blackberry bliss on vellum as I didn't want it to be too dominant on the card, I couldn't decide which one to use but settled on the simple 'celebrate...'. The vellum was torn on all but the left hand edge to create a softer look.


I layered the image onto real red cardstock and used some blackberry bliss twine stuck to the back with double sided tape. The real red layer is stuck to the white using dimensionals, this allows for the thickness of the twine on the back.


Lastly a square of the same dsp used for the dress is added to the card base to sit under the image layer.


I think combining the two stamps creates such a carefree, happy image and love the combination of red and purple.

Below you will find product links to the items used.

Thanks for looking x

Product List

2 comments: