Saturday 16 May 2020

Morning Star with Stitched Labels

I would love to be playing with new Stampin’ Up! goodies this weekend but my pre order isn’t coming until Tuesday, oh well, something to look forward to next week.


Instead I set myself a little challenge of making some cards with one retiring stamp set and one retiring die set, ok I did cheat a bit and use the Stitched Rectangles.

The sets I chose are both retiring at the end of this month. Morning Star, currently available at the bargain price of £6.40! and Stitched Labels which has been reduced to £23.25.



The first card is stamped with bermuda bay, coastal cabana, pool party and balmy blue. A cross stitch line has been added to the vellum strip using one of the stitched labels dies.


The second card is in seaside spray and pretty peacock and uses another of the texture dies.


The stitched pattern really adds to what is otherwise a simply stamped image. I really like this combination of blue tones.

The third card uses the much brighter lovely lipstick and granny apple green.


Morning Star is one of the ‘distinktive’ stamp sets, the detail in the trailing ivy is stunning and I love it in this colour.

Lastly I went for the pretty colour combo of blushing bride, sahara sand and soft suede.


The largest stitched label shape, die cut from vellum, has been stamped with the sentiment along with some leaves and a couple of the morning glory flowers. Stamping on vellum gives a very subtle image . I added a little linen thread and my favourite stitched shape, the little heart.


Four completely different cards made using the same two sets, which one do you like best?

At the time of writing, both of these retiring and discounted sets are available but they won’t be around for long. Below you will find product links to my shop (reduced prices will show there).

Thanks for looking and see you next week with something new x

Product List

1 comment:

  1. So glad I got this stamp set and these are great ideas Katie. Right now I am making a set of cards inspired by your lady dancing in a field of poppies. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete