Sunday 10 May 2020

Saying Thanks with Ornate Borders


I've only had the Ornate Thanks bundle for a couple of weeks but I have used it loads and I love it. It is one of the new sets in the soon to be available annual catalogue but was released early.

Today's cards pair it with the Medium Daisy Punch and are made quite simply using a single colour. I have used highland heather for one card and mint macaron for the other. The dsp is retiring at the end of this month and may well be sold out already but there will be new patterns in the same colours in the new catalogue.



For each card I used the simple border dies but I used a different 'floral' border for each. The dsp and cardstock was cut to give a decorative pattern on all the visible edges. It really helps to use some low tack tape to hold the dies in place.



The little 'leafy' bits from the top die cut were saved and I cut that border again out of mint macaron for the other card. They are really delicate and dress the daisy nicely.

I punched four daisies (two for each finished flower) from whisper white and using a sponge dauber added a little colour just to the tips of the petals. The highland heather daisy has a glitter enamel dot (retiring) in the centre, the mint macaron daisy has coiled twine in the centre stuck on with glue dots.


The Ornate Thanks stamps have a great selection of thank you sentiments and I really like the combination of bold and hand written style fonts.

Below you will find product links to the key items used.

Thanks for looking x

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment