Sunday 19 April 2020

Well said, well written


It’s been a while since I’ve used the ‘baby wipe’ technique, it’s a great way of getting a soft blend of colour and worked really well for the pastel colours I wanted to use here.




You need to put the baby wipe on a wipe down surface or use an empty stamp case as the ink will leak through and things could get really messy!

The colours I’ve chosen are blushing bride, pool party, soft sea foam and sahara sand.




Add some drops of each colour randomly across the surface of the wipe, some gaps in between is fine but you don’t want big white spaces.

The colours will look really dark but they won’t stamp that way.









I have used the largest stamp in Artisan Textures, the more you stamp the more the colours blend. I stamped several times onto whisper white allowing a little overlap, making sure I had covered enough to die cut the large stem piece, a small butterfly and the word friend.


The pieces were die cut from the stamped sheet and a little 'hello' was stamped using the same inked up wipe. I die cut a small stitched circle from vellum and the smallest circle from soft sea foam card stock.


The card was assembled as follows.

The die cut stems were stuck directly to the card base, the word friend and the butterfly stuck on to the vellum circle.

The word hello was punched out using the classic label punch and then the ends trimmed off, this was also stuck on to the vellum. The small soft sea foam circle was then stuck to the back of the vellum, I was careful to only apply glue where it wouldn't be seen through the semi transparent vellum layer.

Next I stuck some loops of linen thread to the back of the circle using double sided tape.

The circle was added to the card using dimensionals and a few little sequins were added for sparkle.

I really like the soft colours used here and the baby wipe technique softens it even further.

Below you will find a link to my shop for all the products used. 

Thanks for looking,
Katie x

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment