Saturday 16 January 2021

Thinking of you

So many people are in our thoughts at the moment. People who have lost loved ones, people who are struggling or isolated and people that we would normally spend time with but can’t. So here is a card that I think would be well received with a few kind words inside.


This card looks quite simple and to be honest it is, with the help of the Stamparatus. The feathers are actually double stamped to mute the pastel colours a little and the perfect placement of both the feathers and the sentiment is only possible with a tool like the Stamparatus.

I've used two stamp sets, the feather comes from Tasteful Touches, the sentiment from Very Versailles. The colours used are Basic Grey, Smoky Slate, Blushing Bride, Seaside Spray, Pool Party and Highland Heather.


Here is a step by step guide to how I did the stamping, if you've never seen the Stamparatus before you will be amazed at how easy it is to stamp perfectly with a little preparation.

I created a template by die cutting a rectangle out of scrap card, along with the magnets this helps to keep the rectangle you are stamping on in the right position on the plate. The feather stamp is on the top plate and the sentiment on the left plate. 


The feathers were stamped first in smoky slate, the plate is moved across after each stamp until there are four repeats. It would be virtually impossible to stamp the feathers at the same height/angle and equal distance with out the moveable hinged plate.


I then returned the plate to the far left position and restamped in the four pastel colours.


The pastel colours alone are lovely but I just wanted to tone the colours down a little and having grey underneath gave me the results I was looking for.


The sentiment I used says Always thinking of you but I didn't want 'always' so I used a post it note to mask off when I inked up the stamp. The gridlines on the stamping plate really help with making sure your sentiment is straight.


After stamping I embossed the white stitched layer using the Subtles 3d embossing folder. It's really difficult to show the detail in a photograph but it adds a lovely canvas feel. A Basic Grey cardstock layer was added before mounting onto a 6 inch square card base. Lastly I've added a little white bakers twine bow to one of the feathers.

.

I really love how this card turned out, I think by toning down the colours it's also pretty gender neutral. I'm going to make a few more while I have the stamps all set up on my Stamparatus.

I hope you found the tutorial useful, here are the product links x

Product List

2 comments:

  1. This technique gives a really pretty result, Katie. I have seen you use the masking technique before and remembered it and used to on some cards. I needed the words of the sentiment to be one under the other rather than side by side. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete