Friday 5 June 2020

In colors 2020-2022

I’m always excited to see the new in colors when the annual catalogue comes out and I usually love two or three of them. This time however it’s a cleansweep, I love them all and I love how they look together.


Today’s card uses all of the new colours as cardstock as I haven’t received my ink pads yet. I’ve introduced a new (to me) technique in an attempt to lighten the misty moonlight layer, I’m really happy with how it turned out and will definitely do it again.



In order to get some detail in I chose to emboss in white. I started by embossing and punching the daisies, two pairs using magenta madness and one pair using bumblebee. The next step was to die cut two of the largest leaf flourishes using just jade cardstock. The sentiments were embossed on cinnamon cider which is a gorgeous warm brown, and fussy cut.

The background square is misty moonlight, my favourite of the new colours, however it looked a little dark and flat here. I decided to ‘double emboss’ by swiping my versamark pad on the inside of the Subtle embossing folder and then running it through my machine before adding white embossing powder and heating. To add even more texture I tore the square into strips and stuck them onto the cinnamon cider layer leaving small gaps.


I am definitely going to try this technique again using different embossing folders. It has brought out the ‘subtle’ texture beautifully.

All that was left to do was to assemble the card using glue and a dimensional on one of the daisies. What do you think of the new in colors? Do you have a favourite?

Check out the details of the products used in the links below that will take you to my shop.

Thanks for looking x

Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment