Saturday 20 June 2020

Lovely You with 2020 - 2022 In Colors

I wanted to create some simple cards showcasing the new in colors and Lovely You was the obvious choice. The sentiments are wonderful but it's the little stamps of flowers and leaves that I really love.


I like all the new colours and for these cards I have used the ink pads, cardstock and enamel dots.

The cards are 4 inches square and are really simply put together with a stitched square over a coloured layer stuck on the card base at an angle. The little flowers and some of the leaves have been fussy cut so a good pair of snips is essential.



The sentiment has been punched using the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch and the left hand side trimmed at an angle to sit within the stitched square.

The punch is really clever and will definitely be my go to punch for sentiments. You can create six different labels in virtually any length. There are two patterns each with three widths, 1/2, 3/4 and 1 inch.



As well as the Lovely Label Bundle and the In Colors, the other product I've used here is the amazing  Forever Gold Laser-Cut Speciality Paper. This could very easily be overlooked in the catalogue but it is in my opinion a must have.

You get six sheets, three each of two designs, one has six background pieces, the other has lots of leaf pieces. So thats three of every element, I've just used one piece on each card, in fact the squared background was cut up to make both cards with some spare.




I have used a second colour on each card, soft sea foam with magenta madness, seaside spray with misty moonlight, garden green with bumblebee, flirty flamingo with just jade and sahara sand with cinnamon cider. Which one is your favourite?

Below are the product links, thanks for looking x

Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
£9.25

2 comments:

  1. I love all the cards, I really like the way you have set the square at an angle. My favourite, of course is the one with Magenta Madness. I am fairly sure that the new in colour card and DSP together with the Magenta Madness stampin' pad will be on my July shopping list😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jeanette, I think the magenta madness card is my favourite too although misty moonlight is my favourite new colour.

    ReplyDelete