Saturday 8 August 2020

Forever Fern with flowers

 It has been a beautiful hot, sunny day and what better way to escape the heat than to head into my craft room. I chose sunny orange and yellow tones to colour the flowers in this card made using Forever Fern, Free as a Bird and Ornate Thanks.

I started with a square of whisper white and created the partial circles of foliage using three of the Forever Fern stamps, stamping in pear pizzazz and just jade, the little dots are stamped in crushed curry. The flower buds, from Free as a Bird have been stamped in soft sea foam. The buds have been coloured using daffodil delight and petal pink blends.

The next step was to stamp a selection of large and small flowers on water colour paper, they have been coloured by using a water painter to bring in the outline colour. Colours used are so saffron, mango melody, calypso coral and flirty flamingo. The flowers were then all fussy cut.


I've added a little colour to the white card by applying soft sea foam using a sponge dauber around the edge. I then arranged the flowers and stuck some on with glue and some with mini dimensionals. The 'thanks' sentiment has been stamped in calypso coral onto a strip of whisper white coloured with so saffron, again using a dauber. 'ever so much' has been stamped in just jade directly onto the white layer.

I've chosen dsp from Forever Greenery to sit behind the image layer. The colours in this beautiful paper are just jade and soft sea foam so tie in perfectly.

Lastly I added some Flowers for every Season gems, they are my favourite embellishments and find their way onto so many of my projects.

All the products used in this card are shown below with links to my shop.

Thanks for looking x

Product List 

No comments:

Post a Comment