Saturday 15 August 2020

Stitched Leaves Simplicity

This week I've had some new 'toys' to play with and I think the Stitched Leaves dies are going to be a new favourite!

These dies are so clever, there are five leaf shapes and each one has a die that cuts out the leaf leaving a stitched outline and another that cuts the leaf vein pattern.

I've made three cards to show how changing the colour can give the card a completely different feel. The sentiments are from Blossoms In Bloom.

The thinking of you card has pool party as the background layer with bermuda bay ink used on the sentiment. The hello card uses magenta madness which is gorgeously vibrant and cheery. The happy birthday card uses soft suede from the neutrals collection.

Beneath the leaf cut out is a small layer of vellum which has been run through the die cutting machine with the stitched veins die. This is then stuck to the underside of the top layer lining up the veins to the leaf shape.

A ribbon bow has been added to each card in a coordinating colour. 

The card bases are 6 inch square, the coloured square is 5 inches and the die cut square is 4 3/4 inches. My Stamping' Up! paper trimmer makes cutting the sizes so easy, it has metric measurements as well but I usually prefer to work in inches.

These cards are really very simple to make and sometimes clean and simple works best. I hope you like them, details of what products I've used are listed below with links to my shop.

Thanks for looking x

Product List 

No comments:

Post a Comment